Making a personalized baby shower party can make the event more special and memorable for the parents-to-be. It shows that you have taken the time and effort to make the celebration unique and tailored to their preferences and interests. There's a lot to think about, but it can also be loads of fun!
Additionally, a baby shower can create a warm and welcoming atmosphere that allows the parents-to-be to relax and enjoy themselves, while they feel loved and appreciated with the support and care for them during this exciting time in their lives.
One of the first steps is to choose a great theme. As you brainstorm, think about the kind of theme you love and all decorations, food and games you would like. To help you, we've selected some Baby Shower Themes for Girls, so take a look:
Baby Shower Themes for Girls
Rainbow Baby Shower Theme
A rainbow baby shower theme typically features bright and colorful decorations, such as balloons, streamers, and tableware in all the colors of the rainbow. It is often used to celebrate a really waited pregnancy or birth, also after a previous loss, as a rainbow baby symbolizes hope and joy after a storm.
Some activities to that theme can include painting baby onesies with rainbow colors, creating a rainbow fruit platter, or playing games like "Pin the Cloud on the Rainbow." Feel free to use your imagination and celebrate your new colorful world!
- Balloon garlands: Create balloon garlands in rainbow colors to hang around the venue. You can also mix in some cloud-shaped balloons to represent the "storm" that the rainbow baby brings hope after.
- Rainbow tablecloth: Use a rainbow-colored tablecloth for the food and gift tables to tie the theme together.
- Rainbow centerpieces: Create centerpieces with rainbow-colored flowers or use rainbow-colored vases filled with white flowers.
- Rainbow food display: Create a food display with colorful foods that represent each color of the rainbow. For example, red strawberries, orange carrots, yellow lemonade, green veggies, blueberries, and purple grapes.
- Rainbow dessert table: Use rainbow-colored desserts, such as macarons or cupcakes, to create a dessert table display.
Remember to have fun with the decorations and make them as bright and colorful as possible to capture the essence of a rainbow!
Enchanted Garden Baby Shower Theme
An Enchanted Garden baby shower theme is a whimsical and magical theme that features natural and floral decorations, and incorporates elements of nature into the event.
Flowers are a timeless element, and a relatively easy one to decorate with if you can get your hands on some lovely fresh flowers, or some nice looking artificial ones. It’s also a great theme if you’re hosting the baby shower in your garden.
- Floral arrangements: Use floral arrangements such as wildflowers, roses, and peonies to decorate the tables.
- Rustic decor: Incorporate elements such as wood slices, burlap, and lace to create a rustic, natural feel.
- Fairy lights: Hang strings of fairy lights throughout the venue to create a warm and magical ambiance.
- Butterfly decorations: Incorporate butterfly decorations such as cutouts, garlands, or balloons into the decor to create a whimsical atmosphere.
- Personalized banner: Hang a banner above the buffet table that says "Baby in Bloom".
Remember, the key to an Enchanted Garden Baby Shower Theme is to create a magical and natural atmosphere that captures the beauty and wonder of nature.
Little Sheep Baby Shower Theme
A Sheep Baby Shower Theme is an adorable, cozy and playful theme that can be perfect for those who want a theme that is whimsical and lighthearted or even a gender-neutral baby shower. If you love animals and nature, that theme must be a great option for you!
- Sheep-shaped balloons: Use white balloons to create sheep-shaped balloons that can be hung up or used as table centerpieces.
- Fluffy decorations: Use white, fluffy decorations such as pom-poms or cotton balls to create a soft and cuddly atmosphere.
- Sheep garlands: Create garlands with cutouts of sheep or lamb shapes in various sizes, and hang them around the venue.
- Sheep sweets: Create sweets and a cake with a sheep or lamb theme, such as a fondant sheep topper, or use frosting to create a sheep or lamb face on the cake.
- Personalized banner: Create a banner with the phrase "Ewe are so loved" to hang up as a backdrop for the dessert table or gift table.
Princess Baby Shower Theme
A Princess Baby Shower Theme is all about celebrating the arrival of a little girl and treating the mom-to-be like royalty, creating a magical atmosphere fit for this special moment. When it comes to parties, princess parties never go out of style. The great thing about this theme is that there are so many regal symbols to play with: castles, tiaras, crowns, thrones, bows, and more.
- Throne chair: Set up a throne chair for the mom-to-be to sit in during the event.
- Crown decor: Incorporate crowns into the decor, such as a crown cake topper or crown-shaped balloons.
- Princess backdrop: Create a backdrop for the dessert table or photo booth with a "Princess" banner or a large cutout of a princess silhouette.
- Royal tea party: Set up a royal tea party station with a variety of teas, tea cups, and tea sandwiches for guests to enjoy.
- Personalized cards: Provide guests with "Wishes for baby" cards to write their wishes for the baby, and display them on a board or in a frame.
Have fun with the details, and don't forget to treat the mom-to-be like the queen she is!
Alice In Wonderland Baby Shower Theme
An Alice in Wonderland-themed baby shower can be a fun and whimsical way to celebrate the upcoming arrival of a new little one. It's a whimsical and playful theme inspired by the classic children's story full of magic, dreams and imagination. So, why not play with that and make a creative baby shower?
- Magic atmosphere: Create an enchanted forest decoration with floral arrangements, teacups and saucers, playing cards, and clocks set to different times.
- Food and Drinks: Serve tea party favorites like scones, finger sandwiches, and mini quiches, along with a variety of teas and a signature drink labeled "Drink Me".
- Games: Plan games like a "Pin the Tail on the Cheshire Cat" or a "Tea Party Scavenger Hunt" to keep guests entertained.
- Photo booth: Set up a photo booth with props like oversized playing cards, a Mad Hatter's hat, and a plush white rabbit.
- Note station: Create a station where guests can write advice for the new mom on butterfly-shaped cards, inspired by the scene with the Caterpillar in the story.
Overall, with an Alice in Wonderland Baby Shower Theme is a creative way to celebrate the upcoming arrival of a new little one, while also bringing a touch of nostalgia and whimsy to the party. Enjoy!
Pink World Baby Shower Theme
If the mom-to-be is expecting a baby girl, a Pink World theme can be the perfect way to celebrate her impending arrival. It is versatile, allowing you to incorporate different elements to make it your own. The pink and gold color scheme and dreamy decorations can create a magical atmosphere for the parents and their guests
- Invitations: Use invitations that feature shades of pink, white, and gold and a cute phrase like "She's almost here" or "Welcome to our little princess".
- Decorations: Create a sweet and feminine atmosphere with a pink and white color scheme and decorations like balloons, paper pom-poms, and floral arrangements.
- Food and Drinks: Serve pink treats like strawberry cupcakes, pink lemonade, or a pink candy buffet.
- Games: Plan games that fit the pink baby shower theme, such as a "Guess the Baby's Birth Date" or "Pin the Pacifier on the Baby" game.
- Favors: Send guests home with small pink-themed favors like a mini candle, a packet of pink M&M's, or a pink nail polish.
Remember, a Pink Baby Shower Theme is all about celebrating the arrival of a new baby girl in a classic and feminine way. Have fun with the magical details!
Little Bear Baby Shower Theme
The Little Bear theme can work well for a baby shower for either a boy or a girl, as bears are a classic and gender-neutral symbol of childhood. Bears can hold special significance for many people, whether as a beloved childhood toy or a symbol of comfort and protection. Incorporating bears into the baby shower can create a sentimental and meaningful experience
- Invitations: Use invitations that feature a cute little bear or bear paw prints, and use warm and inviting language to set the tone for the cozy celebration.
- Decorations: Create a cozy atmosphere with decorations like plaid blankets, rustic wooden signs, and natural elements like pine cones and leaves. You can also use stuffed teddy bears and honey jars as part of the decor.
- Cozy seating: Create a cozy and inviting seating area using warm blankets, throw pillows, and plush stuffed animals. Add a sign that says "Snuggle up with a bear cub" to encourage guests to relax and enjoy themselves.
- Bear-shaped balloons: Fill the room with bear-shaped balloons in warm and cozy colors like brown, beige, and cream.
- Bear-themed banners: Hang banners or bunting that feature bear paw prints or phrases like "Welcome Little Cub" or "Mama Bear."
So, if you are looking for an adorable and cozy baby shower theme, The Little Bear is a good choice and a sweet way to welcome the new baby into the world.
Boho Chic Baby Shower Theme
If you want to do something a little different from traditional baby shower themes, you should take a look at Boho Chic. It's also a gender-neutral option that can work for either a baby boy or a baby girl, making it a versatile choice for any baby shower.
- Dreamcatchers: Use dreamcatchers as a central element of your decor, hanging them from the ceiling or using them as centerpieces on tables.
- Floral arrangements: Incorporate plenty of flowers into your decor, with bright, bold blooms in a variety of colors.
- Macrame: Use macrame plant hangers, table runners, and wall hangings to create a bohemian vibe.
- Natural materials: Incorporate natural materials like wood, wicker, and rattan into your decor, using them for chairs, tables, and other furnishings.
- Lounge seating: Create a cozy lounge area with plenty of floor cushions and poufs, encouraging guests to relax and unwind.
With this stylish and fun way to celebrate the upcoming arrival of a new baby, full of plenty of natural materials, warm colors, and bohemian-inspired decor, you'll create a memorable and cozy atmosphere.
Mama-to-Bee Baby Shower Theme
The Mama-to-Bee baby shower theme is a fun and playful way to celebrate that moment. As the name suggests, this theme incorporates bees and honeycomb patterns to create a buzz-worthy event.
- Bee-inspired centerpieces: Use honeycomb-shaped vases filled with yellow flowers or succulents to create stunning centerpieces.
- Honeycomb decorations: Hang paper honeycomb decorations in yellow and black around the party space to create a fun and festive atmosphere.
- Beehive cake: A cake decorated with a beehive design or topped with fondant bees is a perfect way to incorporate the theme into the dessert table.
- Bee-themed favors: Send guests home with bee-themed favors, such as honey jars, beeswax candles, or small jars of honeycomb-shaped candies.
- Bee balloons: Use yellow and black balloons to create fun bee-inspired balloon bouquets or arches.
This theme offers many opportunities for creativity. By incorporating bee and honeycomb elements throughout the event, you can create a buzz-worthy celebration that the expectant parents and guests will cherish for years to come.
Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star Baby Shower Theme
The mom-to-be and her little shining star are the focus on this special day, so why not go with a theme inspired by this popular children's song. This baby shower theme can be quite easy to bring together.
Decorate the party zone with lots of star and moon shapes cut out from yellow or gold paper card stock
Set a nighttime mood with dark blue or black hues and pops of yellow or gold
Hang a string of fairy lights
Have a "twinkle, twinkle little star" diaper cake topper as a decorative centerpiece.
Cut mini star shapes out of gold glitter paper, and glue them onto the ends of toothpicks, which you can stick into any small bite-size snacks
Glue mini paper stars onto striped paper drinking straws.
For a magical baby shower, the fairy theme offers many options. Create an enchanted forest out of your garden or create a spellbinding food table fit for a fairy queen and her baby girl.
For an enchanted forest shower, have some fake grass on the buffet table, and hang some branches overhead that you can decorate with flowers or colorful pennants
For a classic fairy shower, get a few helium balloons in purple, pink, or white, and cover them in soft tulle, cinching the tulle at the base of each balloon with the extra material hanging down below so that it looks like a floating fairy
Buy a tree stump serving board or live edge cutting board and use the top for serving appetizers or cupcakes decorated to look like toadstools
Make tablecloths from pink or purple tulle to look like fairy skirts
Decorate the buffet table with cutouts of pixies, fairy wands, fairy wings, and tiaras
Create mini cutouts to stick on the ends of toothpicks for small snacks, like cheese
Hang string lights and a sign that says "We’re waiting for a baby pixie" or "Welcome, fairy princess"
At the entrance, hang a sign that says "Fairies Welcome" and ask the mom-to-be to wear fairy wings
Provide guests with bottles of glitter (fairy dust) that they can use to shower the mom-to-be when she enters.
Picking the mermaid theme gives you lots of mesmerizing underwater colors and symbols to play with. Get creative with all things under the sea.
Choose colors like purples, greens, blues, and aquas
Create wave-like tablecloths for the food table: Buy thin, plastic tablecloths in various greenish-blue colors, cut wavy edges, and layer the different colors so they all show
For an extra beachy feel, scatter sand or shells between the food platters
Cut shapes out of card stock like corals, seahorses, fish, dolphins, and mermaids to decorate the tables
To create a stream of bubbles, blow up white or transparent balloons in various sizes, and hang them in an upward spiral shape from smallest to largest
Make seaweed out of green streamers
For a mermaid-themed garland, fold short bits of purple and aqua tulle in half over a piece of string and cinch the tulle together right under the string to secure it in place
Hang purple and aqua streamers for an under-the-sea vibe
Hang a banner over the food table bearing the message "Little Mermaid: Coming Soon".
Little Miss Sunshine Theme
This is a great baby shower theme if you would prefer to avoid pink. It’s also perfect for a summertime baby shower, or if you’re craving some sunshine during the colder months.
For the color scheme, choose bright yellows and oranges, and add light gray, blue, or white for some contrast
Cut a big sun shape out of yellow paper, and stick it near the food table
Grab a bunch of yellow and orange balloons, and hang those up, too
Add some light blue and white helium balloons to represent the sky with fluffy white clouds
Make some on-theme pennant banners out of yellow paper
Hang some gold streamers up to represent sunbeams
Make yellow tissue pompoms to represent mini suns
Add a bunch of real or fake sunflowers or yellow Gerbera daisies to the buffet table for a pop of color
Hang a sign that reads "You are my sunshine".